The St. Kitts & Nevis Amateur Athletic Association (SKNAAA) selects a contingent of twenty-one (21) athletes and three (3) officials to represent the federation of St. Kitts & Nevis at the 3rd Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Track and Field Championships. Slated for July 1st – 2nd 2017, St. Georges, Grenada, the meet was revived back in 2014 when hosted by the SKNAAA. It was agreed then that it shall receive the financial backing of the Association of National Olympic Committees of the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (ANOECS) at the congress held in Basseterre, St. Kitts; thus our National Representative Team being sponsored by the St. Kitts & Nevis National Olympic Committee (SKNOC).
The team and its officials shall comprise of the following:
- Francil Morris – Team Leader / Manager
- Stewart Joseph – Head Coach
- Llewelyn Pyke – Assistant Coach
- Tameka Williams – Female – 100m / 200m / 4X100m
- Shenel Crooke – Female – 100m / 200m / 4X100m
- Reneka Daniel – Female – 400m / 4X100m (sub)
- Kristal Liburd – Female – Long Jump / 4X100m
- Virgil Hodge – Female – 4X100m
- Shanice Elliott – Female – 4X100m
- Stavia Lewis – Female – Discus / Shot Put
- Jason Rogers – Male – 100m / 4X100m
- Antione Adams – Male – 100m / 4X100m
- Lestrod Roland – Male – 200m / 400m / 4X400m / 4X100m (sub)
- Warren Hazel – Male – 200m / 400m / 4X400m / 4X100m (sub)
- Massi Jeffers – Male – 800m / 1500m
- Leroy Chapman – Male – 800m / 4X400m
- Lejorne Crawford – Male – 110mh
- Lloyd Hanley-Byron – Male – 400mh / 4X400m
- Jahnaza Francis – Male – 400mh / 4X400m
- Brijesh Lawrence – Male – 4X100m
- Hakeem Huggins – Male – 4X100m
- Jermaine Francis – Male – High Jump
- Kizan David – Male – Long Jump
- Adrian Williams – Male – Javelin
The Championships’ winner shall be determined by the team that amasses the most Gold Medals.
This weekend’s championships shall be one of the final opportunities for athletes to attain the qualifying mark for the IAAF World Championships in Athletics, London, England, in August 2017.
The SKNAAA extends congratulations and best wishes to all.
Press Release: St. Kitts & Nevis Olympic Committee